Moving to a different country is usually a challenge for the whole family. Children, however, will adapt quickly, as long as you support them throughout the process and use the help of an expert who will assist during the transition period. The best solution is to find an experienced tutor who knows requirements of UK schools and is aware of difficulties a child may encounter when entering the UK education system.
Who is a tutor and why do you need one? A tutor is an instructor who gives private lessons and supports a pupil in his\her learning process using a personalized approach. The tutor knows exactly how the school system works, its requirements and priorities. Usually, the tutor focuses on a particular academic subject, or he may coach your child in a particular exam technique. A tutor often helps a child who is struggling with his studies, needs a boost to do better at school or do well in an exam (an entrance exam or a particular subject at GCSE or A-level). It is important to remember that a tutor does not do homework for pupils, but rather explains how to do it and checks if a pupil understands the tasks and keeps up with classmates. With the help of a tutor a lot can be achieved in a short time, because your child will be taught in a more focused way than would be possible in a class of 20 – 30 children.
What are the benefits?
Hiring a tutor will bring you and your child a number of benefits and make the learning process easier, more enjoyable and fruitful:
- First of all, it will result in a better academic performance. Entering a UK school with different standards and curriculum to those in a country of origin can lead to lower grades than expected. To build your child’s confidence and ensure a better performance in a particular subject or across the curriculum, the help of a tutor is the right answer. A tutor can help to gain particular knowledge in a subject and improve grades in order to pass exams.
- An experienced tutor will easily recognize what approach would suit your child the best. Such personalized learning might be needed for your child only at the beginning of his adaptation, but will facilitate it a lot. The assistance of a tutor is useful not only for those pupils who fall behind, but it could also motivate a child with exceptional abilities in a subject to continue exploring and make progress. If your child is especially bright, the tutor will use extra resources to ensure he/she does not get bored.
- A tutor can help with identifying a pupil’s strengths and weaknesses. It could be useful when the parents are unsure why their children are struggling with studies. Sometimes the problem is not the course, but rather study skills and time management. The tutor can evaluate the situation and help a pupil improve it in both ways – mastering the materials as well as organizing the learning process.
- A tutor can help your child stay focused on studying. This is especially important when a child moves to a new country and his parents cannot closely control his studies. The tutor’s support will also help get beyond the frustration at the beginning of the transition period. The tutor will keep you informed about your child’s individual progress at all times.
- A tutor knows school requirements well and helps your child to keep up with them. The tutor can help in achieving academic goals you set for your child.
Finding a good tutor requires time, work and expertise, but it is definitely worth it. We provide tutoring in all the subjects, offer tutoring for ongoing academic needs and for school entrance tests. We also prepare for personal interviews, which are a part of admissions process, including university interviews. Considering cultural barriers, language barriers, and the fact that admissions professionals often look for very specific qualities and manner in their interviewees, it is always a good idea to practice for personal interviews with a professional ahead of time.
It’s vital to make sure a private tutor meets necessary standards and checks. Our tutors are selected through rigorous recruitment process with enhanced DBS checks. They are graduates of top UK universities with many years of teaching or tutoring experience.
Please contact us: email@example.com
Tel. +44 79307 32407